toronto eats, part 1.
being home for christmas means going out for many meals with friends. i realized that i’ve never done a post about my favourite restos in toronto, so here’s what i’ve come up with so far. there is SO much to be added in the future…
- WVRST - great food, good beer and fun with a big group.
- museum tavern - awesome atmosphere, delicious food and spectacular drinks.
- lee - susur lee. need i say more?
- acadia - tasty, innovative, and great service.
- burger’s priest - imo, the best burger in toronto.
- mercatto trattoria - i know, i know—it’s a chain. but you can rely on it for some decent italian food and my favourite, the budino.
- khao san road - made me feel like i was back in thailand, minus the 43 degree weather.
next up: richmond station, momofuku, zucca, kinton ramen.
we all know that i love my lotions and potions, so i just wanted to give a shout out to a toronto-based cosmetics brand that i’ve come to love. bite beauty creates lip products using food grade ingredients. they avoid petroleum by-products and synthetic chemicals, but still manage to deliver great products that have a lot of pigment. i recently bought the high pigment matte lip crayon in scarlet and love it. so check them out.
nothing like a nautical party to say goodbye to a friend.
(DIYs by gold+pear)
and the summer-in-toronto links just keep on coming.
food, drinks, AND museum exhibits? sign me up.
definitely wouldn’t mind living here.
(this may however be mostly based on the kitchen and the walk-ins…)